Level: All levels
Class style: Lecture, demo, and hands-on
There are particular skills that all accomplished bottoms possess, regardless of their body type, physical strength, or level of flexibility. We have been working on identifying these skills for over a decade and we'd love to share our findings with you.
If someone can do the splits, or do a back bend where their head touches their feet, it means they can help create cool pictures. Does that mean the gymnasts and contortionists can be great bottoms from the first day they try rope? We think not.
Becoming a better bottom takes work. Just like tops practice, bottoms must practice too. The question always is: practice what?
In this class, we attempt to answer that question. We get into skills that are specific to contributing to safer and more rewarding rope scenes. Skills like:
- Understanding your body
- Developing your risk profile
- Analyzing sensation
- Effective pain and anxiety processing
- Knowing your timer
- Practical verbal and non-verbal communication
- Affecting play mood
We will also cover essential safety topics and common causes of safety-related incidents in bondage.
For this class, you will need a top to tie you. The prerequisites for that top are as follows:
- Single column tie
- Slipped single column tie
- Ability to tie a chest harness
What to bring
- 3-5 pieces of 25’-30’ 5-6mm natural fibre rope.
- 1-2 pieces of 10’-15’ 5-6mm natural fibre rope (optional).
- A yoga mat or something else soft to tie on. The floor is hard and might be uncomfortable for tying.
- A small blanket for warmth.
This class will be limited to 10 tying pairs.
Ticket cost: Duo tickets are $70 online, or $85 at the door.