Level: All levels
Class style: Lecture and demo
What makes some play experiences better than others? Answering this question can help you make your play more rewarding for you and your play partners.
In this class we explore the components of successful scenes, pitfalls to avoid, as well as some techniques that would increase chances of success.
- Anatomy of a scene.
- Negotiation: the checklist and beyond.
- Elements that must be present for successful play.
- Play pitfalls to be avoided.
- Shaping your scene based on your play partner.
- Affecting the scene's mood.
- Choosing the right communication style
- Aftercare: it's never an afterthought.
- When negotiation fails.
- Recovering from a bad experience.
- The afterglow: debriefing a scene.
- Planning your next scene.
This class will be limited to 20 attendees.
Tickets: Single tickets - $25 in advance, $35 at the door.