Class style: Lecture, demo, and hands-on
There's so much one could do with partial suspension. It offers the best of two worlds between floor rope and full suspension. It allows the top to manipulate the bottom’s body in ways that would be very difficult when their weight is fully on or off the floor. It also, allows for great emotional or sensual connection between play partners.
We will not only address partial suspension as a stepping stone to full suspension, but we will also cover examples of partial suspension that could be used to enhance connection between play partners during play, or provide predicaments to challenge the bottom.
We will cover important topics as:
- Safety and readiness
- Choosing the right rope and hardware
- Hard point evaluation basics
- Hangers, pulleys, and attachment loops
- Upline management techniques and drills
- Designing challenging body positions
- The yuki knot
- The Somerville Bowline
- The Somerville Bowline double column tie
- Ability to tie a chest harness that doesn't load the arms
- Ability to tie a leg binder/futomomo shibari
What to bring
- 5-7 pieces of 25’-30’ 5-6mm rope.
- Optional: 1-2 pieces of 10’-15’ 5-6mm rope.
- Optional: 1 piece of 10’-15’ 4 mm rope.
- A yoga mat or blanket to tie on
- A blanket for warmth
This class will be limited to 10 tying pairs.
Tickets: Duo tickets - $70 in advance, $90 at the door.